Is the conversion of a group of four eclectic and architecturally interesting buildings into a minimum of 96 residential condominiums. The project is in the Norwood City neighborhood of greater Cincinnati, OH. The existing buildings extend to 125,000 sq ft and are situated on adjoining lots that total nearly four urban acres.
The condo residences will vary in size from of 750 to 1200 sq ft each. Each condo will have a different and unique floor plan. The four buildings will have all new, modern plumbing, drainage, waste, wiring, lighting and electrical fixtures. The windows will be replaced in all the buildings with new energy efficient units made to look and match the exterior character of the buildings.
The kitchens will be designed to fit each individual unit and will have quality wood or laminate cabinets, stone work surfaces ( granite or quartz), stainless steel appliances. The bathrooms will be designed to fit each individual unit and will have quality fixtures, furniture and tiling with glass fronted shower units. Each unit will have an integral laundry closet with washer and dryer.
The interior mill work will be a mix of existing and new to match the style and décor. The flooring will be either existing wood, wood, ceramic tile or carpet.
An elevator will be installed each building and will access all floors
Each unit will have it’s own energy efficient HVAC system.
All the brick and masonry stone work will be repaired and cleaned. All the building elements that require painting will be cleaned and repainted. Exterior brick and stone work will be sealed or painted to eliminate water penetration. All the roofing will be renewed and replaced on all four buildings.
The Facilities – there will be an indoor gymnasium , work out rooms ,changing areas, indoor communal rooms, laundry rooms, individual storage units, office space.
The entire project will be fenced in with wrought iron security fencing with remotely operated pedestrian and vehicle gates. There will be several different parking areas which will be adapted for accessible parking spaces. There will be ample space for both residents and guests in the secure parking areas.
A large portion of the existing black top areas will be removed from the project grounds in general. The area around the buildings will have the black top removed to create a green area and buffer around the buildings and leading onto the parking areas. These new open areas will have mature trees planted as well as being contoured with walkways and planted with shrub and flower beds.
There will be communal outdoor cooking and seating areas plotted around the project to make full use of the landscaping.
There will be areas for individual allotments to grow and harvest your own fruit and vegetables.
There will be a fenced designated dog area to the east of the school building in this 30 ft green zone.
All units will have a secured assigned space with additional secured parking for guests. ADA accessible parking will be available near all four buildings.
LEED NEIGHBORHOOD DEVELOPMENT
The project will qualify for LEED certification on several levels. The Project Scorecard for Smart location, Neighborhood pattern and pattern, Green infrastructure, Innovation and regional priority, the project currently scores a Gold rating with a real possibility of reaching the highest Platinum rating.
– Beautiful facilities, church has stunning sanctuary perfect to build out into mezzanine living space.
– Four very well constructed and maintained masonry buildings totaling 125,000 sq ft
– Three and four stories, all with tall ceilings
– Building has great existing amenities such as gymnasium, changing rooms, meeting rooms, kitchen, Etc.
– Large urban residential lot of 4 acres
– Substantial parking lot to create a secured area for individual covered parking for owners and guests
– In the heart of Norwood right off Montgomery Rd., near to shopping / offices / restaurants / universities
– Within a half mile of rapidly expanding Xavier University and five miles to the University of Cincinnati
– GDK Global, an Illinois based IT and digital marketing company is locating their new, 1000 employee service center to Central Parke offices, which is located two blocks away.
– Paycor payroll service national HQ within one mile
– High demand area for condominiums / owner or lease back rentals – supported by MLS listed/ sold.
– Great commuter connections, easy access to Norwood Lateral, I71 and I 75
– Adjoining local upscale neighborhoods of Oakley and Hyde Park.